Monday, January 8, 2024

“ Thanks for coming along. It took awhile, two birds with one stone “, sez my wife to me, I say “ Solidarity! “, I agree with her except we were not killing two birds with one stone, we were getting her emissions inspection on her Toyota, and I ran over to the CVS for Breyer’s chocolate ice cream, some Ojay and some popcorn, too!










 Funny how quick I forget what was said, sometimes all of it,

Sometimes the order in which it was said, gaps in between, 

Do I include what I remember, or does it become obsolete

Like it did so quick in my head so that writing what I remember

Would have diminished impact!? But spending time with my

Wife that sticks by me through our thick’s and our thin’s, well

That is simply quire swell, and I fill up like a Michelin tire

Realizing the worth of all that when so much else in life is

Simply a matter of momentary importance to another, so they

Smile and act all nice,when it is really all about themselves

And getting what they want and then returning to stone or

Icy glacial, their usual facial, space-ial being and acting , all

Just one big game to them, all about them, nothing about us

Or others, can’t really blame them, and yet I realize more &

More the importance of me and my wife, our solidarity, we

Have stuck IT it together now for a lifetime of being here on

This wonderful planet making our way, living our lives, being

There for each other, two birds, many feathers, all sorts of

Weathers, wonders, wandering s, wishings, wantings, and

Most of all together sharing together in our many winnings!

No comments: