Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Sad to hear today of Steven’s passing from us, Spurrier spurred me on in Pari and later in Bordeaux

we chanced to meet at Vin Expo with Philippe Mellot / Quel chance ca mes amis dumvin la en ville en Bordeaux / It was both my first and lasr time to buy and sell so , Many French wines of La Belle France, tot 1980"s et / Cherchons ensemble des tres bobs achats et vibs Francais! / And we chanced tonsee Steven, be saw me and smiled and Approached to say hello, what a surprise and big thrill / For me,mfor when i knew him i was just a young American / lad of twenty then 21 taking my first wine class at his/ Patricia's and Jon's Wine Class, their first or second / Of l' Academie du Vin a Paris meme 1974 je croix!? / Comme Jacques Brel : " J" avais juste vingt ans ... " / Et moi juste vingt et un ans! quel cadeau de ma mere / Et pere a Paris dans les annees soixante dix! merci ma / Mere / Et mon pere,mPatricia, Jon les deux Americains de Delaware et / Pour Jon je ne sais pas, pour Steve d'Angleterre! vraiment tout/ Ca , merci infinement! i loved it all so in my youthful artsy years/ And even moreso now with more wine and blue moons in my belly / And tucked firmly, surely,msometimes sorely under my belt! we will all miss youbSteven, thanks for everything et bon voyage / Bon continuation, may you find some share of the wines we all here/ On earth in every country refer happily and smiling 'nthe angel's share '! a la prochaine mon ami Anglais!

No comments: