Monday, October 25, 2010

D'Ac Ac Accord / Was I To Dacor : 4 Wednesday Morning Poems Of October 21st, 2010 : Thinking Of Harry Quinn, The Dacor House, Katherine Hall CA Wines,

This was a specially important day for me, Wednesday, October 21st, 2010 because being the guest speaker at the Dacor-Bacon House for retired Foreign Service, State-Department, American Embassy Career and Political Appointees I was able to refer frequently to my father Harry Alan Quinn and the excellent job that he did while being a career officer for the State Department. I also mentioned my mother Nancy Proctor Quinn many times. It was grand, really : the food, the people, the setting, and the California Katherine Hall wines all matched beautifully and created I believe a memorable moment for the 41 or so people in attendance at this luncheon at the Dacor House from noon-2 PM. Cheers, and thank you Caroline , Ed Marks and Cameron Hughes for all your kind words, too. TONY


D'Ac Ac Accord
Was I To Dacor
Ma Mais Aiso Iso
Maison Off Go Speak
On Hall On Wines
On Pere My Mon Fa
Fath Athom Depth
Father's Of Serve
Did He Forei Reig
Eign Service Years
Beaucoup Seas Mers
Freres
Tous All We Did So
Off Lunch Unch Unceon
I Did Speak Wines Of
To Peers Father's Of
Yest
Many Forty One Saw
Ed
'N Cameron Aussi Times
Fun Grand Momes

#1 Le 21 Octobre, 2010 Jeudi matin en Virginie a 9:33 AM pumping gas at Citgo gas station on a cool, sunny, very breezy baby blue skies autumn's morn - brr! Nice, I like it. TONY


To Father Think Pere
Pense Ense Depens
Thought Love Memors
To Speak Fond Ond On
Of Times Seas Over
Family Foreign Si Oui
Serve He Embass Americ
Ca Ca Basies Can Well
Very Did He Yes So Well
So Swell Times Had We
So At Dacor Was
House I Ok D'Accord
To Speak Wines CA.
Hall's Of With Matches
Of Wines Sauvs Foods
To Merls Da Lots Da
Cabs Da Abernets Da
Blancs Chards Too Sprigs
Fresh Roses Of Mary Lambs'
Legs Mint Jells Ellies Too
Yes Grand Mousse Chocolat
Aussi ...


#2 Le 21 Octobre, 2010 Jeudi matin en voiture en Virginie a 9:42 AM on a chilly, very breezy, fresh, crisp, hazy, baby-blue skies puffy whites yes - some autumn's morn , sunny Too!! TONY


To Mom Dad Freres See
Clear Seas Over Long
So Long Ago Love Times
Did I Bless Yes Si
Blessed Over Embass
American To Remem So
Ember So Flame Embers
To Fires Head Soul Heart
In Mine Ignite Ohh Over
Convers At Dacor
House Yest With Retired
Yes Women Men Did Lye
Comme Pere Serve Duty
America To Give Service
Full To Dad Love You
I Do Remember Ber Mom
Too Times Grand We 4
Had With Others' Each
Paris Trinidad Rio Gavia
Janeiro De Brazilia Spain
Of Port Glory Times

#3 le 21 Octobre, 2010 Jeudi matin en voiture en Virginie a 9:49 AM on a sunny, breezy, chilly, hazy baby blue-whitened skies autumn's morn now - very nice! TONY


To Think Of Fam My
Fami My Ami Amily
Us Four In Service
For Years Dear Yet
Foreign Price Pay Gray
Grand Francs For
X Y Z Sperie Les
Languages Strange
Us Perceptions Our
Views-Of-Points-
So Did To Have Yes
Re Rea Rearrange
Make Strange-Less
So Yest Speak Guest I
Was Of Wine Of Diploma
Ma Pa Cy Of Knowing
When Where Up Shut Or
Right Say Things Must Be
So Now Then All Said
Diplomacy In I Of Mom
Dad Freres Think Did ...

#4 Le 21 Octobre, 2010 Jeudi matin a 9:54 AM on a clear, brisk, hazy, breezy baby blue skies puffy-white clouds nice autumn's morn , stuck in traffic! TONY

No comments: