Friday, August 26, 2011

Word-Writings Of 1989 : Color Watercolors Complement Words & Ideas & Sentiments : Enjoy!/ Hurricane Irene Sweeps Thru Now 8/27/2011 : 9:19PM Now


I wrote these back in 1989 when I had I think a two-week break here in northern Virginia with my wife and daughter visiting her parents. I'd return to an empty house and have a moment to do exactly as I pleased after work. I arrived at a moment when I wanted to both write and to draw and so I started to draw with my watercolors as I wrote words and sentences and recorded whatever was on my mind. I have two or three books filled with these word-writings and I am thrilled that I did this. It's raw and unedited like I like it best. There I hope is thus a purity of expression that maybe sometimes might have been tweaked a bit here or there. There is certainly some room to comment on what I have written here.




Anyway, I am very pleased to include some of them here. It's almost like short bursts of thought, feeling and sentiment and I hope you like them.





I am posting them here for you all to look at here on Saturday night here at home in northern Virginia at 9:00 PM on August 27th, 2011 as Hurricane Irene is rolling through and over us and leaving it's mark on all of us.





I have ( " you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " sings Bob Dylan " Subterranean Homesick Blues " on my old i-pod ) now and I am feeling quite upset and rather sick and powerless where this Hurricane Irene is involved and it's upsetting : I'm more upset than perhaps ever before or in a very, very, very long time. Don't ask me to explain : it's been building and I find my gut empty and knotted and unsettled and I'm rather unhappy about it all. This morning before work I wrote some poetry before work and then after I finished I thought to myself I should write another poem and it was too late as I was already at work and had to start and sell more wine to more people as everyone got ready to brace themselves for this Hurricane Irene that we had no idea exactly what to expect as the course could change at any moment : powerless we were and still are - unsettling.





I thought that I should write a poem about giving up my lottery winnings - my chances for winning the lottery that is - to have Hurricane Irene stay far away out at sea and not come onto land and kill or hurt or destroy any of the people or of our East Coast! I said that I thought many Americans would also give up any of their possible winnings with the lottery to save land and people and homes and businesses and schools and trees and our East Coast. I am right, aren't I? We'd all give up getting money - winning money - to have our people and our land and our homes safe?!?


I thought that all of us thinking this would really be a great deterrent to Hurricane Irene coming on land? I hope that my thoughts on this before work helped some? We will see soon enough. Anyway, I am really happy that these thoughts occurred to me and I am only sorry that I did not get a chance to record them in my poem form.





Anyway, enjoy these word-writings of mine, hunker down and be warm and safe and watch out for the winds and the water and the tornadoes that are popping up all around us. Cheers, TONY








No comments: